I recently had the privilege of shooting Meisha & Dan’s wedding at the Berkeley City Club in Berkeley, CA.
On March 2nd, 2009 I was hired by the Funk/Rock/Reggae band WhoGas to do a promotional shoot with them for a press kit. It took place at Ex’pression College for the Digital Arts in Emeryville, CA (drummer Chris Paxton is a graduate of the school, and I contact I had from the Funk/Hip Hop/Rock group Nexus).
- I graduated from the University of California-Santa Cruz with a BA in Business Management Economics, of all things.
- I am a musician at heart, and therefore know a lot of bands/musicians. This would probably explain the extensive gallery of Live/Promotional photos on my site.
- Video editing is a strong hobby of mine. On the right hand side (over there –>) you’ll find a few YouTube clips of things I have produced, whether it be for someone else’s project or for my own promotion.
- I consider myself to be extremely friendly. I take my business very seriously, but that in no way means I have to be serious. More often than not, I am asked to be more a part of someone’s wedding, rather than a contract employee. I like it that way.
- I was not raised in a religious household. I respect and admire anyone who is honestly devoted and loyal to their spiritual belief system, and adapt as needed. So whether you have a traditional ceremony or something totally off the wall, I am always excited to be a part of it.
- Shooting for models is a relatively new direction for me, but I am pursuing it. So please ask!
- I am observant. Most of my couples prefer a more candid “photojournalistic” approach to their wedding, and I find that to be the most fun. Everyone wants a few good portraits, but honestly the photos of my wedding that I continue to look at are the candid ones.
- Be open with me! I cannot think of the last time I was put off or offended by anything, and I’m always looking to shoot something new. Make suggestions if you have them!